- Synchrony: an aspect of the abilities of Steppe Horse Archers in Eurasian Warfare
- The Genomic History of the Bronze Age Southern Levant – Paper review
- Understanding polygenic score with Bugs Bunny
- So, you think you can predict bio-geography…?
- Is this the end of the booming genetic genealogy industry?
- Response to the study: “Diverse genetic origins of medieval steppe nomad conquerors” – the first sequencing of Khazar genomes
- Dating ancient genomes with TPS
- The Alanic Origin of the Shapiro Rabbinical Lineage
- Resurrecting the ancient Israelites from the Valley of Dry Bones
- Why LivingDNA must die?
Tag Archives: Khazars
Response to the study: “Diverse genetic origins of medieval steppe nomad conquerors” – the first sequencing of Khazar genomes
Mikheyev et al. (2019) have published in BioRxiv their ancient DNA study of nine Khazar genome. Here is their abstract: Over millennia, steppe nomadic tribes raided and sometimes overran settled Eurasian civilizations. Most polities formed by steppe nomads were ephemeral, … Continue reading
The potential Alan/Khazar of the Shapiro Rabbinical Lineage is discussed in a draft manuscript by Paull, J.M, Briskman, J., and Steeble, S.K. This is their abstract: The goal of this Y-DNA research study is to utilize both traditional genealogical and current … Continue reading
It is not fair to pick on journalists especially not when genetics is involved. Genetics is a complex subject involving math, statistics, biology, bioinformatics, and, unfortunately, a substantial amount of emotions. Journalists are not scientists, they don’t claim to be … Continue reading
“Telling the truth is less demanding than telling a lie.” ― Eraldo Banovac To those of you who missed the drama, allow me to start from the beginning. In their latest round of updates, 23andme stumbled upon the Behar et al. … Continue reading
The study associated with the Khazar DNA Project was recently published in GBE: http://gbe.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2012/12/14/gbe.evs119.short?rss=1 The study was covered in the Haaretz: http://www.haaretz.co.il/news/science/1.1890826
Today the crowd funding effort began! Please join us at RocketHub. We have got some really cool gifts for donors, including books, DNA kits, and donation to JNF. So, those of you who have had their DNA sequenced (for autosomal … Continue reading
While some believe that Khazaria was diminished by the 10th century, archeological and historical evidence show that the Empire continued to flourish until the 13th Century and that it was the Rus, not the Mongols who ruined Khazaria. The Rus … Continue reading
The full-length video-clip for the Khazars DNA Project is now completed and was uploaded to you tube. Comments are more then welcome!