Today at Friendly’s I told couple of my friends about the Khazar DNA project. At some point I realized that I am way too loud and lowered the tone , but it was already too late. Some people already gave me the half-head-turn and others, brace yourselves, the whole-head-turn. The funny thing is that I think they got more annoyed when they couldn’t hear me anymore. There is something about old warriors in the Middle Ages that fascinates us. This makes it even more sad that we don’t have better descriptions of the Khazars’ armor, clothes, and weapons. Our perception of the Middle ages is Western European in nature with knights, castles, and beautiful princesses. The Eastern European version is slightly different with steppe people, tents, and beautiful princesses. The Huns were not that different and they found their way to the history books and to our collective memory. Perhaps there is hope that one day the Khazars would too.
- Bringing prehistoric Europe back to life using Iron Age DNA
- The Mountain Jews in the Caucasus as a potential source for the joke about the Jew who built two synagogues in an island
- Swedish Jews – between ethnicity, religion, race, and utter chaos
- How Israeli doctors are touting the myth of Ashkenazi Jewish genetic superiority?
- So what happened with the “Adam’s Y chromosome” study?
SciFund Ends!May 31st, 2012